You might not even know what ChatGPT is YET, but I asked it to write tonight’s introduction for the show. Here’s what it had to say:
- “Welcome to Torg Stories! On tonight’s episode, we’re diving into the world of Artificial Intelligence and getting to know ChatGPT, the language model trained by OpenAI. As we explore the fascinating possibilities and potential pitfalls of AI, we’ll be asking ChatGPT some tough questions and finding out just how smart this machine really is. So, grab a cup of tea, settle in, and join us for an insightful and thought-provoking discussion on AI and the future of technology.”
Artificial Intelligence and ChatGPT are the topic’s on this Sunday, March 19th edition of the Torg Stories Podcast.
Show Notes Below
Two things to explain first:
- The company OpenAi: founded 2015. One of the founders was Elon Musk. In 2018 Microsoft made a 1 billion dollar investment. In Jan of 2023, Microsoft added a second investment of 10 billion.
- One of the things OpenAi did was to develop something called ChatGPT. As of today, you can go to the ChatGPT website, register, and chat away in a text box.
- @OpenAI on Twitter.
- I asked ChatGPT some questions to set up today’s podcast.
I asked ChatGPT to summarize what it is in 3 sentences or less as if I was a 6th grader:
- Hi there! I’m ChatGPT, a computer program designed to talk with people like you! I can help answer your questions, chat with you about anything you like, and maybe even learn a few things from you too!
I asked ChatGPT to explain to me in 3 sentences or less what is meant by artificial intelligence:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a computer-based technology that makes machines think and behave like humans. It involves using algorithms to analyze data, recognize patterns, and make decisions. AI is used in a wide range of applications, such as voice assistants, self-driving cars, and robots.
Okay Anne, let’s make our way through these articles:
“A Conversation With Bing’s Chatbot Left Me Deeply Unsettled” by Kevin Roose in the New York Times. Click here for article. @KevinRoose on Twitter.
- What do you remember about this one, Anne?
- I’ve marked two passages to read.
The podcast had as a guest Kevin Roose from the article above. “Bing Chatbot Gone Wild and Why AI Could Be the Story of the Decade,” a Ringer podcast hosted by Derek Thompson with guest Kevin Roose. Click here for episode link. @KevinRoose and @DKThomp and on Twitter.
- Thoughts from the podcast?
- Passing tests and earning high IQ scores
- Is this real?
- Forget the “woke” themed battles on the textbook front. What your ChatGPT box tells you is the new frontier for those debates.
“This Changes Everything,” an opinion piece by Ezra Klein in the New York Times. Click here for article. @EzraKlein on Twitter.
“OpenAI Plans to Up the Ante in Tech’s A.I. Race” by Cade Metz in the New York Times. Click here for article. @CadeMetz on Twitter.
“How A.I. Can Help” by Lauren Jackson in the New York Times. Click here for article.
“ChatGPT Advice Academics Can Use Now” by Susan D’Agostino. From Inside HigherED. Click here for article. @susan_dagostino on Twitter.
Click here to for page where you can sign up and use ChatGPT.
Click here for Deep Dream Generator website.